A premier, full service design/build architecture firm is looking for structural engineers to add to their growing company located in downtown Chicago. Strong candidates will have demonstrated ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams. The position offers challenges, leadership responsibilities, and room for growth within a thriving company.
- Development of structural design, details and drawings, including calculations for new and renovation work
- Design structural elements and systems by hand and using computer software
- Prepare structural drawings
- Review/approve contract documents such as specifications, shop drawings and as built drawings.
- Develop inspection reports and related drawings using MS Word, Excel, AutoCAD and MicroStation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Structural, Civil, or Architectural Engineering or related field
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Good intuition about the behavior of structures