A nutraceutical company is looking for a Laboratory Technician to join their Research and Development team. Lab technicians will work on a variety of nutritional products including vitamins, protein powders, etc. This industry leader is building a series of new facilities in the Chicago area and would provide ample room for advancement internally. This role would allow candidates to gain a great deal of exposure to a multitude of industry career options. Ultimately, this position would specialize in microbiology, molecular biology or chemistry labs.
- Preparing samples for testing
- Test and evaluate a variety of new and existing products.
- Revise test protocols and reports as needed.
- Calibrate and maintain all laboratory equipment and lab cleaning.
- BS in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry Microbiology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, or other related hard science degree.
- A positive attitude and ability to take on independent responsibility given direction and training.
- Must work well with others and have good communications skills, both verbally and written.
- 0+ years of experience