A fast growing flavor company is looking to add a Quality Assurance Technician to their energetic group. The QA tech will operate analytical testing equipment necessary to support quality data gathering and interpretation. The QA Technician will also report any food safety and quality issues to Quality leadership for evaluation while ensuring food safety.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Gain knowledge of Food Safety and Quality as determined by SQF certification requirements, regulated juice, HACCP and company policy;
- Review and adjust batch samples per specification making necessary adjustments to salt, acid, brix, PH, Aw, viscosity, color and moisture;
- Observe GMP compliance and alert appropriate leadership parties to violations;
- Perform daily in process product testing to work order specifications;
- Perform daily ATP swabbing, morning review procedure, retain procedures, outside analysis requests as required and hold/release procedures including labeling;
- Perform monthly internal audits including HACCP, Allergen, glass and GMP;
- Calibrate all analytical testing equipment;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/or equivalent with three years of English, science and mathematics;
- Interest in a food industry career;
- Must be willing to work any shift as necessary;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Ability to work with teammates in the department and cross-functionally as necessary;
- Strong communication - both verbal and written;
- Must have basic computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to walk/stand up to 7 hours a day;
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. on a periodic basis.