A large flavors company is looking to add a Certified Flavorist Apprentice to their growing team. The flavorist should have a basic understanding of food ingredients, essentials oils, botanical extracts, FEMA/GRAS flavor chemicals and their uses in flavors. They must have knowledge of and be able to develop flavors according to applicable government, religious, and trade organizational rules and laws.
- Flavor duplication
- Adhere to FDA regulations
- Work with R&D department to develop new flavors that will be used in a variety of products
- Bachelor of Science in Food Technology, Food Chemistry, or related science field
- Certified Flavorist (or in the process)
- Eager to learn new skills